Please read the text below and check the box to indicate that you agree to the terms within
Norway Cup - Code of conduct
Violation of these guidelines will lead to sanctions from the Norway Cup. Norway Cup has routines for handling violations of guidelines.
Abuse or other offenses are automatically reported to the police.
By following the Code of Conduct, everyone contributes to a safe arena and a positive experience for everyone who participates.
I hereby accept the following rules on behalf of myself and my whole team:
• I will treat everyone I meet at Norway Cup with respect and dignity.
• I will not engage in any form of bullying or harassment.
• I will respect the boundaries of others, and not touch or talk to anyone in a way that is perceived as abusive or offensive.
• I will not use any form of violence.
• I will not use drugs or doping.
• I will follow the tournament rules.
• I will be a good representative of my club.
FOR COACHES, TEAM LEADERS AND VOLUNTEERS:
• All children have the right to be safe when participating in sports. To be safe means not being exposed to abuse, harassment, discrimination, or other forms of harm.
• As a coach / team leader / volunteer, I will treat all children fairly and avoid all forms of discrimination and harassment.
• I will never touch a child in a way that may be perceived as sexually abusive.
• For the sake of the children's safety, as a general rule, more volunteers should be present when spending time with children. If a player wants to talk about personal matters, make sure you are in an open area.
• Digital communication should not take place with players individually. This is the same as being alone with players.
• As a coach, team leader or volunteer, I will never be under the influence of alcohol or drugs when I am with the children.
• As a coach, I must be aware of my role, both towards children and parents:
o It is important not to create unrealistic expectations of me as a coach, or to contribute to unfair treatment of children / families. I will avoid personal gifts or other special attention to individual children / families.
o I will avoid unprofessional relationships with a player outside the football activity – also on digital platforms like social media.
o I will be honest and clear in communication with the children - about purpose and responsibility, and about opportunity and limitations. I will never make promises I cannot keep.
• I will show respect for the child's integrity and avoid disclosing situations when photographing and other documentation of the child's situation.
• I will treat all information provided by children and young people in confidence confidentially. Information shall not be passed on without the children being informed of this.
• I will notify if I experience a violation of these guidelines.Data handling and sharing
- I hereby agree that Norway Cup can store information about me. The information stored will include full name, phone number, address and birth date of all contact persons and players. All data will be stored in accordance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) rules, and will not be shared with other parties.
- During Norway Cup one will film, stream and photograph.
I agree as a leader that it is my responsibility to collect consents from the players or their parents/legal guardians in case of being filmed or photographed. This may be used as promotion of Norway Cup on the internet, media and social Medias. In addition your games may be streamed by our media partners and approved at a later stage. It is my duty to notify Norway Cup if participants on my team have refused to be filmed or photographed.
Cancellation of the tournament and Force Majeure
- All participants have the right to access any contents stored by Norway Cup, portraying the participants and also have the right to have this deleted by Norway Cup on request.
In the event that the tournament can’t be held or is postponed due to events beyond the control of the tournament organizers (force majeure) or due to events which are not attributable to wrongful intent or gross negligence or the tournament organisers, the tournament organisers cannot be held liable by the delegations for any damages, costs or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, accommodation costs, costs for additional orders, financial losses etc. Under these circumstances, the tournament organizers reserve the right to either retain the entire registration/accommodation fee and to use it for a future tournament, or to reimburse the delegations after deducting costs already incurred for the organization of the tournament and which could not be recovered from third parties.
Norway Cup is in no way responsible for injury or economic loss which may arise in the case of war, warlike events, civil war, revolution or civil disturbances or because of the actions of the authorities, strikes, lockouts, blockades or similar events.